Saturday, October 20, 2012

Tourists Make Me Sad

Okay. Today I went to an Open-House at a high school in Manhattan. (The high-school was Xavier High School. est. 1847). I took the train in, and was surprised by the absurd amount of tourists everywhere. I know I live right next to Manhattan, which houses the majority of the 8-million New Yorkers in the five boroughs. If you don't know the boroughs they are Brooklyn (the best), Staten Island, The Bronx, Queens, and the most well-known, Manhattan. But still, it's October 20th. How many people get off in October? I only get Columbus Day. I know I should help, but the amount of people asking Yorkers how to get to the Empire State Building made me want to ignore any tourists.
It's not that hard! Just look up and follow the giant point in the sky! It's only the second-biggest building in NYC!
But anyway, the open house went okay. The only problem was that there were a VERY big amount of fellow eight-graders there,and the hallways are relatively narrow. But, besides for the body heat, and the waiting behind the ridiculously slow-walking tourist hicks from Indiana wearing I Heart NY
t-shirts, blocking every single passageway around them. (No offense to any NYC tourists, but come on, walk a little faster). 

Stay Classy,

-Will

PS- I'm going to start word of the post for every post that I throw on CCR.

Word of the Post- 

Wombat- any of several stocky, burrowing, herbivorous marsupials of the family Vombatidae , of Australia, about the size of a badger.

No comments:

Post a Comment